Saturday, November 7, 2009

Luckiest Girl Evah!!

Okay, so Monday afternoon Jon calls me and asks if I want to go to St. Kitts with him for a deposition. What a waste of three minutes--who's turning that down?

So, Wednesday morning we left our house at 4 am to board our 6am flight to Miami. Only, no one ever told our pilot that it's a great idea to check for malfunctioning engines before the plane is pulling out of the terminal. So, two hours later we're on a new plane to Miami, missing the only flight of the day to St. Kitts. Needless to say, we were pissed. But, we made the best of it and ate dinner at Gloria Estefan's Cuban restaurant in South Beach. For not the first time in my life, I felt like Kathy Griffin (if you watch D list, you'll know what I'm talking about.)

The next day we got on a flight, and finally made it to St. Kitts. Jon had a deposition when we got there, but I read at the beach until he was ready and then we went to the most beautiful restaurant I've ever been to.
It was called The Beach House, and it was one of those inside/outside concepts. There were no walls, just curtains and you could hear the crashing waves that were like 20 feet away. Awesome.Then, since we only had the next day to spend in St. Kitts, we made the most of it and toured the island before going to the beach.
Breakfast on the beach.

Really old fertility drawings--would have been nice to have about a year ago.
Toured a famous fort.Went to a place where they make those Caribbean fabric prints.

And then, to the most beautiful beach ever. They had funny, tame animals running around like pigs and monkeys and a delicious restaurant right on the beach where you could get fresh lobster sandwiches. And, they had me in a pregnant bikini. Never thought that would happen.


Best vacation ever, and the best best babymoon, considering I probably won't be doing anything like this again for a LONG time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm soooo happy for you. I can't imagine what life has been for you and Jon in the past year. You will have so many clothes and toys before April you guys will have to start on the play room. And thanks for starting your blog. I so enjoy being a part of you and your sister's lives by reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete