Wednesday, October 28, 2009

14 Weeks

So, I am big, fat showing now. Every once in a while, some well-intending lady will say, “Well, you’re not even showing yet.”

This, however, is offensive. Do you think my stomach normally looks like this?

Now, I’m in the long-haul until my next doctor’s appt. I had one last week where I tried to nail her down to a for-sure “bed rest” (or just paid leave) at 28 weeks, but she wouldn’t budge. I’m going to have to feign some contractions next time. My next appt. isn’t until November 25th.

I can usually go about 1-2 weeks between appointments and still believe that nothing catastrophic has happened in my uterus. Any more than that, and I’m googling “miscarriages with no symptoms,” “incidents where babies disappeared,” or “turned out babies were really just tumors with hair and teeth (you know the ones I’m talking about).” Needless to say, Google is never short of horrifying stories and rare occurrences. It’s keeping me on my toes.

I was also a little stressed that I had only gained a few pounds as of last week. I know this sounds incredibly annoying, and believe me, if you saw my thighs right now you’d know that I wasn’t being the complainy anorexic. It’s just that I’m supposed to gain 24 lbs. by 24 weeks. Well, I’m 14 weeks today, and Hello, my weight gain just kicked in. I had gained three pounds in total from weeks 1-13. Week 14 has already brought me three new pounds, and we’re only halfway through. At this rate I might end up weighing more than my Prius. Crisis averted (depending on who you’re talking to).

2 comments:

  1. So I am stalking you with my comments. I had gained NOTHING by 13 weeks, and hit 24 at 24 no problem. You're about to laugh that you were worried you weren't gaining enough. I was. Hooray for the more fun trimester being here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And I'm already on the weight gain train--1.5 lbs. this week.

    ReplyDelete