Sunday, October 18, 2009

Woo-hoo!

Well, we had our 12 week NT scan this week. The purpose of this scan is to detect possible Downs Syndrome or other genetic defects. The real purpose for me was finding out the sexes.

I brought my mom with me because Jon needed a break from doctors' appointments. My mother, God bless her, was pretty hyped up. As the doctor was scanning and measuring, he would tell us what he was looking at, and my mom would interrupt and say, "We just want to know what's between the legs." Not whether or not the baby has a potentially life-altering defect--not important. Just pink or blue.

She also decided that she could tell by looking at their facial features what they were before the doctor made his determination. She was like, "See that one has very feminine facial features, and the other obviously has very masculine features." She was cracking me up. Especially when the doctor announced that he's 98% sure we're having TWO GIRLS!!! My mom was like, "See, I told you the one had feminine features." I guess we're ignoring her other prediction. Anyway, I'm really glad she came. It made for quite the experience, and she said it was the best day of her life. :)

Baby A seems like she might be the crazy one. She was bucking around and kicking, flipping so much that the doctor could hardly get his measurements.




Baby B might be the little pacifist. She just peacefully sucked her thumb the entire time and didn't move an inch. You can see her sucking her thumb in this picture.

I am beyond thrilled. From the beginning I've said if it were up to me, we'd have two girls. Jon's really excited too. He always said he didn't have a gender preference, and I didn't believe him, but I guess he really didn't. When I told him it was two girls, he was a little speechless, and then, of course, his analytical side came out, and he stated that this could really play to our strengths. I just went out and started buying things--can't stop. Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. So excited!!!! Yay! Sorry in advance for my sons hitting on your daughters!

    ReplyDelete