Sunday, March 7, 2010

33 Weeks

How Far Along?: 33 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 35 lbs.

Best Moment of the Week: Realizing that this is my last week of work!

Movement: They are big enough now that if they kick in the right place, it moves my entire body. They're pretty pumped about kicking me as hard as they can in my hip bones. All I have to say is payback's a B. Just kidding.

Bellybutton: . . . is ruining my life. Last week my bellybutton decided to go rogue and try to tear its way out of my skin. At least that's how I'm explaining the stretchmarks all over the place (see above picture).


What I Miss: Not being able to blend in. People are compelled to talk to me when they see my stomach. I'm the kind of person who would prefer to sit through an hour long haircut in complete silence. It's not because I'm shy; it's really just because I'm not friendly. I think I was meant to be born in some cold, uptight northern big city where there is no obligation to make small talk with every random Joe that you'll never see again. So, this pregnancy thing is throwing that whole thing way out of whack. And it's really cute/fun answering 50 comments a day like "Watch out--there's probably not any food left in the cafeteria now" after I leave. HYSTERICAL.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Being normal sized again. I know I'm harping on this, but I'm to the point where there is nothing cute left about my pregnancy, and I really want my old body back.

Weekly Wisdom: I've got nothing. I feel like I lose any pregnancy wisdom credibility after you see the attached picture of my stomach. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Milestone: Friday is my last day to work for the indefinite future. While I'm looking forward to this for now, seeing as how I can hardly walk, I'm scared too. Change is always scary, and I really love my job and the people I work with. I just keep telling myself that if I don't like staying home, I can always go back. I think the only thing to do will be to overdose on pedicures and trashy daytime TV until the transition's over.

3 comments:

  1. Deb, unfortunately you will not be out of the limelight when the girls are born. Everyone will be wanting to look at the girls ALL the time. Esp. if one of them has red hair! At least they are not a boy and girl and people ask you if they are identical! Get as much sleep as you can, that is as much as your bladder will let you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are about to be even more in the limelight. We'll talk about the idiot things people will say. Cheri is not kidding.

    Don't kill people when they ask, "Are they twins?" Just request a dollar each time. College will be paid for before they're two.

    Of course making this all about me, it's fun to see that your stomach looks about like mine did, our weight gain is almost identical, and shrek feet? Yep. Fire up for flip flops.

    I will try not to say anything that would have irritated me at this point, so I'll say this:

    ReplyDelete