Monday, March 1, 2010

Molested at the Donut Store

That title is no lie. This morning I stopped by a new donut store to pick up a few kolaches (don' t get me started--I live for kolaches). Two Asian ladies were working behind the counter. The older lady started by asking the typical pregnancy questions: When are you due? What are you having? etc. When I told them I was having twins that's when the shiz hit the fan.

Said older lady came from around the donut counter, walked behind me, and wrapped her arms around my waist to feel my stomach. I was standing in a donut store being spooned by an older Asian lady. Then after intimately caressing my stomach for a weirdly long time and speaking in another language, so I really don't know what the hell is going on, she patted my back and butt and told me that she approved of the amount of weight I've gained. SERIOUSLY. Thank God the donut store lady, with all of her vast knowledge of obstetrics, approves of my current weight.

The weirdest part was that I just stood there while being groped at 7:45 am in a donut store. No reaction. That is not how I would have foreseen that situation playing out in my mind.

3 comments:

  1. That was funny enough that I had to read it twice for a second giggle. Thanks, Debs, for sharing.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually studied that technique in medical school. If you are between 28 - 35 weeks and an Asian woman can't get her arms around more than half of your belly, you have gained to much weight. If she can lift you off of the ground by more than a centimeter, then you haven't gained enough. I believe the technique is called "Suh Duk Won". Loosely translated it means, I have no concept of personal space.

    ReplyDelete